We’re just a couple days from the start of school! Thanks for the great turnout at the Meet and Greet last night, we had a lot of questions about Gymwear so we’d like to clear it up.
The FFO is selling Sayre T-shirts, which helps us raise money for events and supplies and other ways we help the school. These shirts can be ordered using the form included in your back-to-school packet (download the form here). The new shirts are $9 (youth S-M-L), $10 (adult S-M-L-XL), with plus-sizes available, too.
These forms must be returned to the school office BEFORE SEPTEMBER 11 with exact change cash payment. No exchanges or refunds. Shirts will be ordered then and distributed to students a few weeks later.
In the past, the FFO sold sweatshirts, sweatpants, and shorts, too. This is no longer the case, because of rising production costs. We sold most of our remaining 2012 gymwear stock last night. All that’s left is adult plus-size merchandise, adult small shorts, and youth small sweatshirts. It’s available for $10/pc, contact Jan Mahaffey if interested.
Students must wear plain gold t-shirts and (traditionally) green or (new rule!) navy blue shorts or sweats for gym class. So you’re welcome to buy your gymwear anywhere, though we appreciate your support of the FFO when you buy the ‘official’ Sayre t-shirts. (New parents: gym is generally once a week, students wear their gym uniforms all day on their gym day).
We have a little bit more news about the 2013 Sayre Back-to-School Meet & Greet on Thursday, August 22.
- If you can help stuff packets on Wednesday at 10am, please contact Jan Mahaffey.
- Forms to order Sayre gym shirts will be available at the Meet & Greet. Shirts will be on display to check sizing, but will not be for sale at the event. Orders will be accepted at the Meet & Greet only with EXACT CHANGE CASH PAYMENT (We cannot make change.) Gymwear forms can also be returned to the office with payment before the order deadline. ORDERS WILL BE PROCESSED IN MID-SEPTEMBER.
- The FFO is not ordering sweatshirts, sweatpants, or shorts this year. We will have a blowout sale, $10 each, on remaining stock at the Meet & Greet. (We also have a few Walkathon shirts for $5.) All these items will be sold FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, while supplies last. Again, EXACT CHANGE CASH PAYMENT required.
- Remember, “Gym uniforms may be purchased through the FFO or at any business provided they are the appropriate color: gold shirt and green sweatpants or shorts.” Sayre merchandise is a fundraiser for the FFO, and we hope you’ll continue to purchase shirts, but the cost of other gymwear was getting too high to be profitable as a fundraiser.
- Gym T-shirt order forms will also be made available on the FFO site on Thursday
- Please visit the FFO table and sign up for more info on how you can get involved and stay informed about FFO and Sayre events and projects.
Please join us Monday, October 15th, 6:00pm at Sayre for this year’s first general FFO meeting and elections. We will begin the meeting with nominations for our vacant vice-president and secretary positions. Once nominations are accepted we will hold the election. All in attendance will be asked to cast their vote. Since this is first on the agenda, punctuality is important if you would like to be a part of this process.
After the elections, we will move forward with the planning of Family Reading Night for November and our Movie Night for December.
We encourage all parents and community to participate in this election and help plan these events for our children!
Remember that gymwear forms and payment are due this Monday, too! More info and forms here.
The Sayre gymwear order deadline has been extended to Monday, October 15, 2012. Please return the form and cash payment to the school by this date. A gymwear order form was included in your back-to-school packet. Another form (with corrected date) will be distributed to students this week, If you’ve already submitted your form, you’re all set. You can also download the form here. Gymwear will be distributed to students the first week of November.