The Right At School program offers after-school care for students at Sayre beginning September 9th. Get more information and register at rightatschool.com or call 855-287-2466.
UPDATE: Sayre is not listed as an option on Right At School’s site. Please call Right at School at 855-287-2466 and select option 2 (for registration and payment questions) to add your name and contact information to the list for Sayre. Fifteen families must sign up by September 5th to start the program, so if you’re interested, please call ASAP.
We’re just a couple days from the start of school! Thanks for the great turnout at the Meet and Greet last night, we had a lot of questions about Gymwear so we’d like to clear it up.
The FFO is selling Sayre T-shirts, which helps us raise money for events and supplies and other ways we help the school. These shirts can be ordered using the form included in your back-to-school packet (download the form here). The new shirts are $9 (youth S-M-L), $10 (adult S-M-L-XL), with plus-sizes available, too.
These forms must be returned to the school office BEFORE SEPTEMBER 11 with exact change cash payment. No exchanges or refunds. Shirts will be ordered then and distributed to students a few weeks later.
In the past, the FFO sold sweatshirts, sweatpants, and shorts, too. This is no longer the case, because of rising production costs. We sold most of our remaining 2012 gymwear stock last night. All that’s left is adult plus-size merchandise, adult small shorts, and youth small sweatshirts. It’s available for $10/pc, contact Jan Mahaffey if interested.
Students must wear plain gold t-shirts and (traditionally) green or (new rule!) navy blue shorts or sweats for gym class. So you’re welcome to buy your gymwear anywhere, though we appreciate your support of the FFO when you buy the ‘official’ Sayre t-shirts. (New parents: gym is generally once a week, students wear their gym uniforms all day on their gym day).
We have a little bit more news about the 2013 Sayre Back-to-School Meet & Greet on Thursday, August 22.
- If you can help stuff packets on Wednesday at 10am, please contact Jan Mahaffey.
- Forms to order Sayre gym shirts will be available at the Meet & Greet. Shirts will be on display to check sizing, but will not be for sale at the event. Orders will be accepted at the Meet & Greet only with EXACT CHANGE CASH PAYMENT (We cannot make change.) Gymwear forms can also be returned to the office with payment before the order deadline. ORDERS WILL BE PROCESSED IN MID-SEPTEMBER.
- The FFO is not ordering sweatshirts, sweatpants, or shorts this year. We will have a blowout sale, $10 each, on remaining stock at the Meet & Greet. (We also have a few Walkathon shirts for $5.) All these items will be sold FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, while supplies last. Again, EXACT CHANGE CASH PAYMENT required.
- Remember, “Gym uniforms may be purchased through the FFO or at any business provided they are the appropriate color: gold shirt and green sweatpants or shorts.” Sayre merchandise is a fundraiser for the FFO, and we hope you’ll continue to purchase shirts, but the cost of other gymwear was getting too high to be profitable as a fundraiser.
- Gym T-shirt order forms will also be made available on the FFO site on Thursday
- Please visit the FFO table and sign up for more info on how you can get involved and stay informed about FFO and Sayre events and projects.
This year’s Back to School Meet and Greet will be held Thursday, August 22, 2013 from 5–7pm in the play lot on the west side of the building (Near the playground on Sayre Ave.) Meet teachers, administrators, and other Sayre parents and students; learn your students’ room assignments; and collect important school information and forms. (We’re expecting more details to post on Monday or Tuesday.)
Visit Sayre’s page on givewith.Target.com before September 21, 2013 and vote for Sayre Language Academy. If Sayre gets 25 votes, they’ll get a $25 donation from Target, plus a dollar for every extra vote. Doesn’t sound like much but if we can convince friends, relatives, neighbors, etc. to vote for Sayre, it could add up fast! (Sure, we’ll all probably be bombarded with Target Facebook ads, but with recent budget cuts, every little bit helps.)
Remember you can also use your RED card at Target to benefit Sayre through the Take Charge of Education system. Again, 1% of your purchase doesn’t sound like much, but a few big-ticket items and your weekly shopping sprees at Target can bring in a substantial amount of cash for Sayre.