We’ll meet Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 6:30 at 1921 N. New England to finalize planning for Thursday’s Family Reading Night. All are welcome. If you volunteered for FRN (or didn’t volunteer yet, but can help out) please stop by if you can.
Dense fog greeted us at Sayre this morning, on the day before Thanksgiving. Enjoy the holiday, and please remember to join us for Family Reading Night next Thursday!
Another note: The 2012-2013 Student Directories were ready to be printed earlier this week, but we stopped the presses to update the new room assignments in first and second grade. Look for your directories soon!
Sayre is closed Monday November 12 for Veterans Day. Tuesday, November 13 2012 is Report Card Day, Students have the day off, and parents can pick up report cards and meet with teachers from 11:00am – 3:00pm and 3:45pm – 6:00pm.
Mark your calendar! Sayre Language Academy’s Family Reading night has been scheduled for Thursday November 29 from 6-8pm at the school. Students may dress as their favorite literary character on Thursday, and also wear their costume Thursday night! Bring the whole family for a night full of events for all ages:
6pm to 7:30:
- Join an interactive performance with local musician Shannon Sherman.
- Get crafty in the gym! Make bookmarks, comics, or journals.
- Play games including Taboo and Word Bingo.
- Bring your used books to trade at our book swap.
- Visit a banned books display.
7:30 to 8:00
- Join us for the 6th, 7th, and 8th graders’ Poetry Jam in the auditorium.
- Win great prizes at our raffle.
Please visit the FFO table on Report Card Day (November 13) if you can help out. Please remember that all students and other children must be accompanied by an adult.